- 1950s: Started in Grand Rapids, Michigan in the 1950's wrecking/salvage end of business.
- 1960s - 1970s: Started remanufacturing driveline components (transmissions, differentials, steering gears, fifth wheels & Allison automatics)
- 1980s - 1990s: Established four branch retail Michigan locations (Traverse City, Gaylord, Warren and St. Joe)
- 1985: Purchased Hendrickson trucks (Chicago, IL) - a nationwide OEM truck manufacturer and genuine parts wholesale parts distributor.
- 1987: Changed name to HME, and currently manufactures over 250 fire trucks per year with sales worldwide.
HME genuine wholesale parts division currently sells product to independent truck parts distributors in all North American market area's and is a key supplier to Valley for it's remanufacturing of driveline components
- 2000s - current: Valley has established warehouses in Las Vegas, Des Moines & Buffalo for wholesale distribution of driveline components and has become the official remanufacture for the Vipar Heavy Duty Truck Parts network
(200 stockholders with 500 locations nationwide)